Nina Mae De Groot arrived yesterday (July 13th) at 1:07pm, weighing 6 pounds 14 ounces and 20 inches long. She is the most beautiful thing in the world, and SO sweet. Whitney and I are trying our best to figure out how to be parents, and so far we are having a great time (even with the complete lack of sleep between a night of contractions 5-10 minutes apart and our first night as parents!). We are so excited to finally have here here, and we are excited to introduce you to her. So without further adieu...

I apologize for the lack of pictures... the internet here at the hospital is giving me grief. WAY more to come so please stay tuned. I am going to leave all of the juicy details of the pre-labor and labor to Whitney... she experienced it first hand and I would forget half of the important details. The delivery went relatively well besides two problems... there was some meconium in the amniotic sac and the umbilical cord was loosely around Nina's neck (it was causing her heart rate to drop right after some of the contractions). Besides that the delivery was absolutely amazing. Now the real fun begins of being parents! Wish us luck, and look for more pictures and details soon.
Oh, one other thing... Nina SNORTS like a pig all day long. I will post a video of her doing it soon because it is the cutest thing in the world. I just hope she grows out of it by the time she is 16... it won't be too cute then.
16 comments:
She is so precious!! I am just so excited for the two of you. You are going to be wonderful parents. Whit, being a mom is the best thing in the world!! Yeah there is a lot of poop and slobber, but wow--I know you will love it.
Congratulations!!!! That's so exciting! She's really cute! We're really excited for you guys!
-Brandon and Lindsey
She's beautiful! Enjoy this time and please let us know if you need anything. Oh, we missed you at the TGN reunion today. :) Jess
She is beautiful, truly a gorgeous little girl! Congrats to both of you and I hope your recovery is quick and full of good rest. :) I think Nina looks like her mommy!
She is so cute!!! I have been checking your blog everyday to see if you had the baby yet...I dont think I would hear any other way! Nina is a cute name too! Congrats!!! She is super cute!
She looks so much like you Whit! Definitely has your eyes! I would love to hear more about the labor! Jax had mechonium in his sack too. He actually breathed it in and had to be intubated! I hope Nina didn't have the same thing! Enjoy every moment with her because they don't stay that little for long!
Hooray! Hooray! Hooray! She's just absolutely adorable!
Congrats! If she was on day earlier she would of been born on my brithday! She's so little and sweet! I know you will have so much fun with her.
Congratulations!!! She is absolutely beautiful.
Congrats. She is really cute. I love the name Nina! Great choice.
ohmygosh, congratulations!!!! she is so perfect!!! you GUYS, i just found your blog and i absolutely love it!!!!
Congratulations! I am so glad that I got to see this little gal in real life. She is a doll and you are definitely right her Snorts are just as cute. I am glad that everything went smoothly!
Nina is perfect, snorting and all!! So glad you're all doing so well. Enjoy!!
Also excited to discover other bloggers in the family! What a great way to share your wonderful news. Hugs from Denver. Love, Aunt Karen
She is absolutely Beautiful! Congratulations! I lvoe the snort by the way! And what a great name!
AHHHH!!! :) I seriously cannot wait to come home and teach your little girl who her favorite aunt is!!! :) I love you both and am SO happy for you!! She's incredible!!! :) See ya soon! LOVE YOU ALL!!!!
Congratulations! It is so exciting to be new parents. What a sweet little baby! Hope all goes well for you and you enjoy being a new mom. I'm due for baby number 2 in about 6 weeks. So much fun. Take care of yourself.
-Carolyn
Post a Comment