That is right folks...we are still here and baby is still in the womb. Lets just say it has been a long few days. I went to the doctor on Tuesday and he said I was a whole 1cm dilated and 60-70% effaced. We set up an induction date for next monday (my dad's b-day) and so there is now a for real deadline on this baby. I am trying to stay busy and keep my mind off of it...but it is kinda hard. I just want this waiting thing to end. I must sound like the most impatient person in the world. It is 3 days after my due date...but it feels like 3 months. Oh well...like my doctor told me, he has NEVER treated a patient that has been pregnant forever. Thanks for that! Well if any of you have any grand ideas about how to keep me busy without going crazy you can send them my way...or any great tricks to get me to pop (no castor oil please...I just don't think I could do it) send those along too! We will let you know as soon as this darlin' arrives.
8 comments:
Whit, I completely understand going crazy wanting the baby to come! A week before my due date I started trying EVERYTHING I could to get the little dude to come! Here are a few things we tried. I'm not sure if they worked or not, but it's worth a try. Bri and I went for a vigorous walk every night. He even had me skipping! My mother-in-law told me to eat bananas (weird I know! I'd never heard of this one) We jumped on the trampoline,and the thing I really think sent me into labor was the Dr. stripping my membranes! Hang in there! It really seems like it will never happen, but enjoy that cute belly while you still can! Believe it or not you'll miss feeling her move inside you!
i've never been pregnant and i'm sure you've heard this before, but all my sisters would go for a run or long walk or do some stairs when they were close to their due date. andy was telling me that when his mom was pregnant with him (i'm pretty sure it was with him... don't quote me) she went to the hospital because she was in labor but they sent her home because she wasn't dilated enough. instead of going home she walked up and down the hospital stairs until she was ready to go. i thought it was a cute story. good luck! i hope she comes out really soon!!!
oh and p.s. that was suzana and not andy. :)
Hey Whit, She will be here soon enough, like stef said dont wish your tummy away, I went to my check up 2 weeks after i had cooper and saw all those pregnant moms and i wanted my tummy back.!!! i had a 2 week old. some of the things we did was went to walmart at night ( i had coop in Jan) cause it was to cold. and jsut walked for hours. Good luck!!! she will be here soon enough!!!
I just started a blog its
theclarks2006.blogspot.com
Best wishes!!! kylee (terry) clark
Well, if you're ever up for a drive to Provo, we'll meet you at PF Changs for lunch or dinner and you can try the same meal that got me started with Ava. At least you'll get dinner out of it, right? Oh, and Jake and I used to RUN STAIRS when we were overdue for Noah. Bah---I say don't wear yourself out. It didn't do a thing. You'll need all your energy for those midnight feedings. I say pamper yourself instead---get another prenatal massage, or a facial or pedi or something, and THEN we can do lunch at PF Changs. Do all of the stuff that you won't be able to do for a bit with a new baby. OR, you can always chase my kids around for a couple of hours--that's enough to put ANYONE in labor ;-)
ahhhhh, i hear ya, honey.
stir crazy indeed, eh?
hmmm... ways to pass the time? well, i took on a billion projects (decorating her room), making bows and headbands for the babe (do you know how to do those yet? if not, I am going to make you an online tutorial, because they are really fun and EASY!).
Also, movies were good because they kept my mind far from my sad reality. :)
and all the crazy tricks? castor oil and such, I was too afraid. I went walking every morning and night to help speed things along, but I'm afraid Aaron was right when he said, "The baby will come when she's ready to come." sad, I know. It is the awful truth.
But, my friend, we are all rootin' for her to kick it in gear! We want to see this darling!!!
Good luck trying to stay sane. It is tough, but I know you can do it! I promise, she'll be more than worth the wait! She's already a diva! :) Big squeezes to you, my girl!!!
can i just say that i hate that your baby counter on your page doesn't say you are overdue?! It says 2 days to go...3 days to go...four days to go... not cool! I promise your baby is getting closer than further away!!!
I feel sorry for you...I am always the opposite than you..I am always trying to keep my babies in there longer...mine never stay long enough. I have only made it to the last month once!! You should be happy...I bet you will have a very healthy baby.
(Your AZ cousin)
Post a Comment