Sunday, June 15, 2008

Another Construction Update

So it seems like the only thing we really talk about on our blog lately is our experience with building a home and with preparing for a baby. To be honest... that is really all we've been up to so I hope that is exciting enough for you avid blog readers. Once the baby comes we promise this blog will be chuck full of more exciting things =).

So, it is late sunday night and I wanted to throw up some more pictures of the construction process now or else I will not get to it for days. The last pictures you saw of the house were from Saturday, June 7th. Those were the ones that we took when they had just started framing the garage. We went out on Tuesday, the 10th (yes 2 working days later), and this is what we saw...

Exterior...

Looking in from the entry...

Family room looking into kitchen...

Top of the stairs...

Baby's room...

We were shocked to see how fast they are building houses out there. Needless to say, we were very excited. We went back out 2 days later, and.....

Looking pretty good, eh? We were able to meet with our construction manager on Friday to talk about some things, and he seemed like a really good guy. Once all of the electrical is completed (along with windows, plumbing, and a bunch of other things) we are going to have a walk-through with him. It is exciting to see this whole process unfold.

Actually, I lied... there is something very exciting going on besides the baby and house... My brother, Mike, gets home from his mission to Portugal this coming Saturday! Mike and I have always been pretty close, and I am so stoked to see him again. My parents are in Portugal with him right now, and I actually was just sent this picture of him and my Dad holding some pretty amazing Portuguese food...

As you can see, he is quite the stud. So I am inviting anyone with sisters that are interested to not hesitate. He will go fast, so act now. Serious inquiries only. =)

11 comments:

Steffani Dastrup said...

Obviously I am already married, so I guess I won't inquire about your brother :) But I do want to say how exciting it is to see your house go up! Bri and I have also been looking at getting a house. Have you been happy so far with the Fieldstone experience? Well we are both excited for you guys, and would love to see both of you and your new little one!

ambface said...

wow I am not able to believe your house!!! :) CONGRATS!!! oh and i LOVE that pic of mike... he looks so good!!! 5 MORE DAYS!!! :) I love you both and hope all is incredible!!!

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

I swear your house has gone up over night?! How crazy! You'll be moved in before you know it! I am so exited for you guys. WHit, it was great to bump into you for a second a Kholers. :)

breena rae said...

the house is looking fab and so is whitney. Looks like everything is in order and ready to arrive!

Alyssa Griffeth said...

Hi! Okay...I admit, I am TOTALLY guilty of blog-stalking, but for some reason, I clicked on your blog from Taylor and Katie Davis'. I couldn't believe what I saw!!! Our family (the O'Bryants) lived in Irvine with Billy's family WAY back in the day! We always laugh because they have a Bill, Sheryl, and Erin just like us. :) Anyway Miss Sheryl used to be MY preschool teacher and I LOVE her!!! We still try to keep in touch from time to time. Anyway, sorry I sound like a crazy person, but I just had to say hello!

Congrats on the baby too! Little girls are the absolute BEST!

-Alyssa (O'Bryant) Griffeth
thegriffethfamily.blogspot.com

Madison said...

woah! you added more!

Amber said...

That is so exciting that you are buying a house! You look so great Whitney! Congrats you guys!

Ravid said...

To Whitney: I stalked you . . . well, actually I just looked at Heather Dance's "Family & Friends" list and I just had to look at your blog. This is Rachael Robinson in case "Rachael & David" doesn't ring a bell (and I suspect it won't). You look so cute pregnant! But how could you not? You're just cute all around! That baby's almost here - my second is due 2 August. You can make it! Congrats on that and having your own house - how cool is that!

Bayles Clan said...

hey it's nan! you look so great and happy-congrats on the house building process-exciting and on the little one!!!! yeah!

Rivera Family said...

your house is looking great!!! any contractions yet???

Anonymous said...

You weren't kidding he would go fast eh? haha I found that humorous :D I am officially blog-stalking to make up for all the time I wasn't in the picture! This is so fun! Love you both!