So it has been a while since we posted something new on the blog, and so for the sake of giving all of you faithful readers entertained (all 2 of you... thanks Mom De
Groot and Mom
Wheadon), here is a little story about my latest funny eye doctor visit. So last weekend my glasses broke, therefore necessitating a trip to the old eye doctor for some replacements. After my exam with the doctor, I was talking to the receptionists about the frames and lenses that I wanted to order. One of the receptionists told me of these new
aspheric lenses that are beneficial for people like myself with strong positive
prescriptions (mine is +3.75). I was told that
aspheric lenses are thinner and they reduce how magnified your eyes look to others when you where the glasses. It wasn't too much extra for those and so I told her that I would love to try them. The receptionists then said, "Oh, good. When you walked in and went back to see the doctor, I turned to the other receptionist and said, 'I think we can really help him'." What on earth do you say to that?! Thanks for looking out for me =). This receptionist really was the nicest lady, but didn't seem to think about what she was saying. Quite possibly the most tactless receptionist ever, but hey, it gave me a good laugh =).
I found some pictures of the old and new glasses to give you a visual of my new look... (keep in mind that unfortunately, the
asperic lenses that will reduce the eye magnification will not be visible here... that is just something for you to look forward to).
OLD

NEW
Thank you, Alpine Vision, for saving my poor, unfortunate self.
PS - We have a doctor's appointment tomorrow, so look for a more entertaining blog post coming soon...
7 comments:
hey I read your blog! :)
that is a great story Billy...What DO you say to that? :) OJ and I can't wait to check out the new specs!
Ha ha! That's classic. At least you got a good story out of it, right? And we love your new frames!
Hooray a post! I am pretty sure I check your blog about twice a day in hopes there will be an update, so first off, thanks for posting! And secondly, not quite sure what you would say to that, but it is really funny that she would say it. Crazy lady! :)
ha ha! funny! I cant wait to see the new specs! and don't worry... I check your blog every day too!!!I love you guys!
I am so glad you can get new glasses! And by the way... I was so glad you got to show me your tape job...which, I have to say, was really well done... Well Mr. and Mrs. De Groot, I hope you had or will have a great doctor appointment!!!
Greetings from Coronado Island in San Diego!
The doctor visit story is classic. We like the new specs too. BTW you do have more than two readers.
We are excited about your other good news.
We love you guys.
eh, eh Mr. De Groot?
Post a Comment