Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The House...Apartment...Home.

This is Sapsucker Woods. Literally right next to our apartment. There is a great trail that leads to a Bird sanctuary. Very beautiful!
And this is Nina watching Bill get on the Bus on his first day of school.

First Day of School Photo. Probably Bill was less than excited that I took this, but it is history.That's right...Nina went poops on the potty. We got this Tinkerbell seat, and it did the trick. She has had no accidents at all. I think three is the magic number. Nina playing at the Science CenterWe had a stake activity at Watkins Glen. It was breathtaking!

We also went on a Cruise of Cayuga Lake with the other Johnson School Students.Home Sweet home. We live on the top floor on the left side. (Please feel no need to keep reading. This next section of the post has been requested by moms. They need to be able to picture where we are at...it is pretty standard, old school, apartment living.)Nina playing in her "boat." She likes to make boats out of anything she can find. Nina's RoomThe StudyOur BedroomThe BathroomFamily Room, standing at the front door.Family Room, standing at the window.Kitchen from the Front door, although, while the front door is open, you cannot see into the kitchen, only into the main family room. (In other words, it's okay not to do the dishes.)More Kitchen, usually that desk is not there...another post to come on that soon!And that is the grand tour. We also have an attic. It is awesome! We have so much storage...it is amazing. Thanks for touring.

9 comments:

melimba said...

I love that you are blogging!! Can I say that enough?!! Ha! Ok, first, let's talk about how breath-taking the area where you live is?? I can't believe it's SO green!! Man, especially b/c here it is so dead and brown (worst drought in texas' history). So beautiful!! And the forest right by your house? Get outta town!

Also, love the new pad! I especially love that you can't see into the kitchen when you come to the door. Awesome! Very fun place and amazing that you already have it decorated! You go, girl!

Loved it all! Keep up the great work! Lots of love! Oh, and way to go Nina on the potty time! Tillie loved her lightning McQueen seat! Ha!

Jana said...

Thanks for the great tour of the house! It looks great and so so clean!!! (Your mother taught you well!) And how about a shout out to Nina Mae for her great accomplishment?!

You live in a beautiful area. It is great that you are taking advantage of all the things to see! Keep up the blog....we love it!

Sure love you all!

Emily said...

Nina's room is darling! hooray for storage!

Brandon and Lindsey B said...

I hope it's not weird that I'm like the only guy I know who comments on your blog? My family's pretty into blogging, and it helps us keep in touch out here, so I'm just used to it I guess! :)

Anyway, it looks amazing where you guys live! Don't you love the green out here? We have a solid wall of trees at the edge of our backyard, and totally love it.

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

I LOVE it! I love, love, love it! The area looks beautiful and green. What a fun new adventure you guys are on. We have loved being away at school as our little family in such an unfamiliar place. Learning all the fun things of the area and meeting new people. I am excited for you guys!

And yes, I agree with Melissa is it great to see you blogging...not that I am great anymore, but I like reading your blog and seeing what you are doing. So keep up the good work!

And keep up the good work Nina! Way to go! I have been slightly potty training Bennett, I need to just buckle down and make him do it, but I am afraid he will regress after the baby comes, so I haven't done much about it. :)

Erin said...

LOVE it! Everything looks so great in your place too! Congrats to Nina for the brave step in girlhood ;) We love you guys!

Lori Wyatt said...

That is so exciting you are out there now! Tim, Kaya, and I will have to roadtrip out there ;)

Sara said...

boom. just blog stalked you. and i thoroughly enjoyed it.

love, your creepy neighbor

Sheryl said...

The apartment looks great, and upstate is just how I remember it....absolutely gorgeous!!

So proud of Nina's accomplishments - both on the potty and in her boat construction. Way to go, Nina girl!!

Love the picture of Bill on his first day of school. Did you sing him the "Growing Up" song? It's tradition! :0)