Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Piggy Flu...

...or so we call it at our house. Sorry to be politically incorrect...but it is true. We have been quarantined. It only fits...Nina has always loved pigs. Check out this video. Who knew that the most priceless footage we would get of our daughter would be on her first day of life! Love it!

No, in all honesty...she is doing really well. She no longer has a fever...and the flu has not been nearly as bad as I thought it would be...knock on wood. We are just waiting for the runny nose to go away and she will no longer be contagious. Oh, and did I mention how often we have been washing our hands? Do it people...and disinfect your grocery cart. The doctor asked me if we have been around someone with the flu and I said, "Not that I know of." And then he said, "Let me re-phrase this. Have you been to Walmart?" Well friends...it is one of my favorite places to shop. Where else can you get cheap groceries and get anything else that you might need at one store? So we are laying low for another day or two.

Thanks for reading!

P.S. Oh and I do need to clarify...this is a fake, stuffed bear from insde the cabin we were staying at. I thought I would trick a few of you on this one. Ha ha!




Check the black bear scaling the column. Love it! This was mine and Nina's favorite part of the cabin we stayed in.

5 comments:

melimba said...

BOO that she has the "Piggy Flu" :( (nice title, by the way).

I have been thinking the same thing every time I grace Walmart with my presence. Luckily I got one of those cart covers that I *suppose* is doing SOME good. But, when you spend over 2.5 hours at the health and human services office waiting room, like we did, it's no wonder Tillie has a disgusting cough now.

I hate sick kiddos, isn't it the worst to hear them cough and always runny little noses. So sad.

Hope you have fun on your "Stay-cation" in your house! What are you going to do about church on Sunday, Ms. Primary Pres??

Tillie starts nursery this next Sunday, and I think we might wait with HER being sick and others bound to give her gross germs too. Ahhh, the joys... :)

now that I have officially written a novel on your "Comment" section, I hope you have a GREAT weekend! and good luck playing Dr. Mom. :)

xoxoxo
melis

Youngfamily said...

I'm sorry about the piggy flu that is no fun at all..... but thanks for the heads up about walmart I would have never thought it it.

Mandy said...

Oh Nina! We're so sorry you're sick. Hope you feel better soon!! Whit, do they give them any special medicines when they have that? I've been super paranoid since Jake switched jobs and we're "in between insurances" (or, um, have no insurance right now) and both the kids are in preschool, which I'm sure is swimming with germs despite all they do to prevent it. But then I was thinking back to when I was super sick back at the end of August and wonder if maybe I already had the swine flu and didn't know it? So we've all been "immunized" so to speak and no one else got sick? Thanks for the heads up about grocery stores and Walmart. Hope Nina gets better soon! Love you!

Erin said...

I heard she had swine flu!!! SOOO sorry! :( I'm glad she's feeling better, you guys are troopers I tell ya! Give that little sweetheart a squeeze from me! Oh, and PS. I totally had to do a double take with tha bear picture! lol :)

breena rae said...

the fear of all fears right now! glad she's feeling better. The media can scare us into a frenzie! Nina is adorable. I can't believe how big she's getting!