I know that all of you avid readers are very disappointed that my mom has not updated our blog...but I am here to let you know that life with a cast is over! It was quite an adventure...as you will see.
This is me the day after I got my cast on. The drugs were amazing!
I had to focus on other things...so I got creative with my hair and figured out it could fit in a ponytail right on top of my head!

Thank goodness the hospital sent me home with so many pillows because I had to use them all the time. I was situated neither sitting up nor laying down... but I got used to it.
My friend Eden could not let me have all of the pink cast fun...so she burned her hand on the fireplace and joined the pink cast fan club. (I don't recommend it.)
The hospital also gave me this ghetto fabulous car seat because my legs were casted too wide to fit into any normal car seat. I loved this because my mom had to take me out to get anything done...like grocery shopping. She would either carry me, or lay me in the bottom of the cart to gnaw on anything that got within reach.

Bedtime! You see? More pillows always do the trick...and why is my mom taking pictures of me in bed? It is like she wanted to remember every single thing...weird!

This was the bath routine. On the counter in mom's bathroom as many times a day as possible. Did I mention that my diapers leaked alot inside my cast. Yep. I smelled pretty darn nasty by week two...and I was only less than half way done. I waited until half way into week three to get poop on the inside of my cast. I thought mom was going to lose it.

But the day finally came to get my cast off...and we were all kind of attached. Check out my mom holding me by my bar. I think she thought that was pretty convenient.

And here is my handsome dad bidding farewell to my pink legs. Did I mention I also had an ear infection this day? Lovely!!

Me on the car ride up to primary Children's Hospital thinking..."Such a shame I have to give this car seat back...it matches my eyes so nicely."

No one told me the saw would be so loud...I kind of grew fond of my cast and did not want it to leave. I would no longer have that hot pink accent to go with every outfit.

Inside my cast. Yes that yellow cotton used to be white...and I got the back of my cast a whole lot better than that...thank you very much.

Chicken legs...I did not even know they were my own, and I certainly did not know how to use them. I am starting to figure it out now. I can scoot around again...but am still working on my crawl on all fours. Sitting up was a little challenge...but I have it down pat now.

This is me on my first Sunday cast less...and I have had a full and complete bath. I was real happy I did not grow out of these shoes...I might have that hot pink accent with every outfit after all.

Oh, and I forgot to tell you...Happy St. Patty's Day! I celebrated in true style!

Thanks for loving me and praying for me. I love you all too! I better go--I think my mom is waking up from her nap. Can you believe she needs one of those every day?
22 comments:
You sure are cute - pink legs or not! But yes, I can imagine your mom needing a nap everyday!
Glad everything went ok with getting the cast off!
Yep, naps everyday are important for mommies! I am so so so glad you are all better!
You are awesome for surviving that!! She was cute with it on and she is even cuter without it.
YaY for Nina and for mom and dad! She is so cute! So glad that life can get back to normal again. (whatever normal is...right?)Oh and naps...we wouldn't survive at our house without them.
I was excited to see that she can fit into the outfit I got her. She looks as darling as I imagined she would!
Love you!
i'm so glad that the cast is off, even though it was sure hot, nina. you're adorable by the way, and such a creative writer!
Wow you are quite the writing prodigy! You know it's hard to part with anything hot pink, but at least you have those shoes make up for it. I'm glad that everything is going well!
She is so cute!!! With or with out that pink cast!
Cast Free---way to be! :)
yes, I came up with that on my own. With inspiration from the DARE program.
Anyway, I'm so happy for your little family! What a relief to have that pink thing gone!! I love, though, how you would use the cross bar to hold her! How convenient! :)
Good work, team de groot!
lots of love to the chicken legged wonder!!!
Yay Nina! So proud that you came through that without a hitch! You look great!!!
Yay! We are so glad you made it out alive, and I do believe you've gotten cuter since we last saw pictures! What a sweet baby you are! Hailey says "Good Job on the returning mobility! It sure is tough isn't it? And I haven't had to deal with a huge cast either!"
Yay! Ava and Noah are glad that Nina can chase after them again---and we're glad you made it through your first big 'parenting initiation' ordeal!
Whitney, I just found you through Heather's blog. Your little one is adorable. Glad she is all better! I'm sure life is easier cast-free. Hope you're great!
I'm so happy for little Nina! Hope she's feeling great and I LOVE all her headbands! What a trooper.
Awww, what a cutie. I'm so glad that her cast is finally off! I laughed when I saw the bright blue car seat. It is definitely an experience you will never forget!
-Lindsey
So one of my favorite parts of the post was when you called the car seat "ghetto fabulous"!!! Awesome.
I'm glad Nina got her cast off! I think you should have kept it as some sort of towel-rack memento or something! :)
I'm glad things are going well. We need to get together sometime!
-Brandon
Sounds like it was an adventure. I am glad to see you finally updating again. It's fun hearing about your adventures.
Oh my gosh, Whit! I hadn't been to your blog in a while...poor little Nina! And poor you guys! What a few weeks you had. I'm so glad to see it's all done now.
SO cute! I'm glad she's doing great, she looks as happy as ever!
Ahhhh, Whit, she is just too cute. I'm so glad you guys were able to survive this crazy ordeal. :-) I got to hang out with Cody, Jeremiah and Ivan last night and we had a fun time reminiscing about tour. :-) Miss you and please give miss- no-more-pink-legs a kiss for me.
hello dudes. I'm really into shoes and I have been searching as far as something that singular model. The prices seeking the velcros were about 220 pounds everwhere. But definitively I bring about this area selling them for the benefit of half price. I absolutely love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy these. what do you think?
good morning everyone. I'm actually into shoes and I had been looking allowing for regarding that exact make. The prices as regards the shoes were all over 220 dollars on every page. But completely I set this site selling them as a remedy for half price. I in reality like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably order these. what do you think?
Post a Comment