Sunday, May 25, 2008

Time Flies!

Well, lets just say that it was a very busy month!! (But very good too!) Billy Graduated from BYU with his degree in business management at the end of April. I am so proud of him! He graduated on a friday, and started full time work on Monday. He is such a hard worker and takes such good care of the Baby and I. He is enjoying work and tries to find a few hours in every week to brush up on his new found love...golf.

Billy's favorite person to golf with is his Dad...this is beautiful Hobble Creek, one of Billy's favorites.



I had my High School dance concert at the end of April as well, and it was really busy, but so fun. (It did not help that it was scheduled for the same day as Billy's Graduation.) The girls did a great job and I am going to miss teaching them so much next year...but it is all for the best.


My little sister Kelsey got married which was a major highlight in the month! The whole thing was so beautiful and we are so excited to have Evan as a part of the family!! I wish I had pictures...but I don't. Kel was a georgeous bride! (I will work on getting some to post...but in the mean time check out Jake and Mandy's blog. I know they posted a few.)

I have also been working on a quilt for the baby's crib. I found this great fabric at IKEA that I could not resist. It has been a fun little project for me. I still need to figure out the rest of the bedding and room, but this is a start.


Things with our new house are moving along. Here are some pictures to show the progress. We are so excited!

This is our land at the beginning of May...I can't believe we own this dirt!

This is a picture of us with our hole a week and a half ago.

...and here is Billy with our new foundation just a few days ago. This little piture underneath shows our new address, and our name on the property. Hooray!



Well we get kicked out of our apartment next weekend and will be moving up to alpine for about two months while our house gets finished. We are really excited to be closer to our families, and they will be such a great help when the baby comes.

Speaking of baby...wow we are really going to have one. I only have 6 weeks left. I am getting a little nervous about the whole labor and delivery thing, so if you have any helpful hints or pointers please let me know. I am feeling a little bit squished...but I prefer this by far to being sick everyday.

Ice cream...the only thing keeping this baby alive...or maybe it's keeping me alive. :)

I will be finishing up teaching school this week, and I am really excited for summer so that I can really start to focus my whole attention on this baby. We are so excited for her to be in our lives...but sometimes I just can't believe that it will be real. This little moving person on the inside will really be on the outside...and will keep me up in the night much more than she does now. This week I had my family baby shower and it was so fun. It was at mom De Groot's house and we played games...including a game to help me name this baby...still undecided. Everyone was so generous and I can't imagine how I would ever get through the emotional let alone financial part of bringing a baby to earth without all of this great support. Thank you so much everyone!


This is Billy's sister Keri. She is due about a month after we are, and it has been so fun to share this pregnancy together! (Billy's younger sister Erin is also expecting...so the three of us have alot to talk about. Erin is in Arizona but will be spending some time here in the summer!)


Well, I wanted to give you a brief update on our lives...and let you know that we are still here. I am hoping with the summer I will have more time to write. Lets face it, I need to get lots of great parenting and hospital tips...so those posts are to come. Until then, thanks for checking back to our blog after more than a month of no posts. I really will get better at this!

15 comments:

Steph Revelli said...

Hey :-) I found your blog through some of our high school friends! It's so cute! Anyways, about the labor and delivery advice...all I have to say is GET AN EPIDURAL and you'll hopefully be fine! haha I asked for it RIGHT when I got to the hospital and it was a wonderful experience! Anyways, good luck, I'm excited for you! Our website has my blog on it, it's web.mac.com/asrevelli if you want to see my little baby Micah :-)

melimba said...

oh my goodness! what luck I have! I am so happy to see that you just UPDATED!?! AWESOME!
I just wrote WAYYYY too long of a comment, and decided to transfer it into an email. :)
so, go check that instead.
know that I love you.
and your hair is DARLING! oh, and your tummy is too!!!
I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!! 6 weeks?!?!??!??!??! whoa! get excited for the 5th!!!

Sarah said...

Wow - busy life. Don't be worried for your labor and delivery experience. If you have any questions you can email me. i don't know if you know this - but I am a nurse in L&D. ask me - happy to take away a little fear - sarahbethrn at gmail dot com.
Good luck!

Rowley's said...

I am really excited for you guys to have this baby! It really is so surreal and amazing. And she really will keep you up a lot more at night, especially if she is like my new little Carlee. Any questions you have, feel free to ask, I was just there :) Enjoy being pregnant (because I know the time starts to slow down) and especially enjoy every minute of your baby, even the night times.

Heather said...

It's so fun to see what you've been up to. Congratulations on the new little girl coming soon!!! Babies are so much fun. Good luck with everything!

Brandon and Lindsey B said...

It was great to see you at graduation (if only briefly) Whitney! It sounds like you guys are doing well! Congrats congrats on the home again! I've since talked to Marisa and Bret and they took a peek at your blog and said that you guys are super-close to where they lived, maybe even the same ward?! If not, probably at least the same stake! I'm jealous that Billy is golfing often, I love it, but never get to go! Anyway, good luck with everything!

-Brandon

Mandy said...

Yay! A new post!! And by the way, you look amazingly skinny in the pic where you're holding the ice cream!

Rachel said...

Whit!

Hi! I happened upon your post and thought I'd say hi! You are such a cute pregnant women! I'm so excited for you!
Email me so I can add you to my blog! (after much deliberation I decided to make it private) mrs.terrazas@gmail.com

Love you, girl

Rachel

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

I LOVE your hair cut! It is so dang cute on you! Looks like life has been pretty busy for you and you are working on getting a baby here. I'm impressed! I can't believe that your little baby is almost here! I have to say that one of the things I was most glad I had done before JAckson was born, was to just go knock on the door of Labor and Delivery and ask for a tour. They are happy to do it and it takes away a little of the "unknown" fear. It helped me to already know what we would do upon arrival at the hospital and what the rooms looked like etc. And don't forget the blessed epidural! Those things make life worth living. :) Well, it is fun to see pictures of you and your cute tummy! I am excited that you guys own land! Is that crazy or what?! Can't wait to see you in a few days!

Steffani Dastrup said...

Whit! You are getting so close! I am so excited for you! I've had my little Jaxon here for 3 weeks now and I can't even begin to tell you how wonderful being a mom is. The last 2 weeks of pregnancy DRAG! So keep one or two projects to do so you don't go crazy! L and D was not as scary as I thought! If you want any questions answered feel free to email or call me! Good luck and let us know when she gets here!

Cortney said...

Whitney De Groot! Oh, My! I have missed so much! I just found your blog and I am so glad I did! Congrats on the baby girl--you will love, love, L-O-V-E having a little girl. You're right about the tough parts, but it is all worth it. I have a two year old little girl, Sophia, and another little girl coming in September! :) And another congrats on getting your first home. That is so fabulous! I will definitely keep checking on here to see how things progress... All the best to you!

Emalia said...

Love that quilt you're working on! it's beautiful. can't wait to see you at your baby shower!!

Linsey Farley Jameson said...

Whit, You look so good! 6 weeks??? That is so crazy!
Thanks for the update... Finally :)
Glad you guys are doing well! And Congrats Billy!!!! That is so exciting to have graduated!

Rachel said...

Wow, 6 weeks left! You look absolutely amazing! What an exciting time of life you two are in. I could not be happier for you both! Also tell Kelsey congratulations and give her a HUGE hug from me and my mom.

Madison said...

Wow... i'm sorry I never comment on the blog... I know, I probably don't need to now that I see almost like 24/7!

~~Maddie~~