So Whitney is doing really well... vomit free for over a month! She is finally starting to sprout a little belly, but not much for 6 1/2 months of pregnancy over and done with. She is very excited for spring break because she gets a week to relax and pamper herself while I take finals. Can't Alpine School District plan around our schedules so we can spend some time together? I guess not. She is really excited for this coming week though.
As for me, graduation can not come any sooner. I took a final two weeks ago for an independent study class, and ever since then, I have just felt like I am done with all of my other 14 credits. Class seems like the worst thing ever, and unfortunately I am never too prepared for them when I go. Members of my study groups are probably a little frustrated because it is totally obvious that senioritis has kicked in. Not too many of them graduate so it might be hard for them to relate. I already have a job for after school (I have worked there already for over a year... I work in the Marketing Department at Ancestry.com) and so I am just ready to start working there full-time and take on some more responsibility. Goodbye BYU!
In anticipation of graduation Whit and I have been looking for houses for the past 3-4 months. We have an excellent realtor whom we love (if anyone needs one, contact us and we'll rave about her more for you) and she has taken us all around Utah County looking for a place. We looked at a bunch of homes, some nice and some, well... not so much. After a while of searching we began to get frustrated because we were not finding anything that we loved. But then we stopped by a development in Lehi and we fell in love. It is right across the street from the new Willow Creek junior high and the development is called Jordan Willows. We secured a 1/4 acre lot a week and a half ago and construction will start within the next week or two. We have spent countless hours trying to determine what options we want our house to include, but we think we finally have everything nailed down (on paper that is... the real nailing will start shortly). So from June until the house is completed (they say it will be done in late Aug-early Sept... so we are planning for October!) Mom and Dad Wheadon have been so kind as to allow us to stay with them. They must really love us because we will be having our baby in July =). So anyway, look for tons of pictures throughout the construction process. As for now, here are a couple of pictures that we took the night that we secured the lot...


The post that we're standing by is right where our front door will be. Welcome to our home!
21 comments:
congrats! I am totally jelous. With Ariel having at least 3 more years of schooling... we won't be in your circumstance for a while. :(
That's great guys! Marisa and Bret had a house near that area before they moved to Ohio, I think. It was also in some 'willows' area (but maybe it wasn't even close, is it a Fieldstone development?)
Congrats on the job, that's exciting! It's always nice to know what's coming up in the future! I got an internship a few months ago, and it was a huge relief (at least temporarily).
It's good to hear what's going on! Don't get too sick from senioritis...
-Brandon
Glad you updated....your "plot of land" looks great! I'm so excited for you both... I saw Whit's bump last week...it looks cute!
love you guys!
Wow, that is amazing! Congratulations! I'm so excited for you both! I'll be honest I'm a little jeaous because Chris and I still have at least 2 years before we get to that point...what would it be like....
Anyway, Congratulations again! I'm so excited for you both! And Whitney you look incredible!
You guys will live so close to me! I'm sure you will love the area!
That is so exciting you guys! A new house and a new baby! Life is so fun isn't it? Have you thought of any names for your little girl yet?
I am reporting from Newport Beach, California!:
It's so great to see you blogging again. I am so excited for you guys to come move in. And I am so glad you found a place!! Billy--I am so glad you are graduating... byw: maybe whit told you but when we were in the Disney Store last night we saw a graduation cap with mickey mouse ears on it and we were so tempted to get it for you, but the color of blue wasn't right... but i wanted them to get it... oh well. But I am so excited for you guys! See Ya later!
How are you feeling?? I hope you are doing well. How exciting about your new house.
hooray you're back...well, Billy is. Hello Billy. the houses in the back look amazing! how nice to be able to have a new baby and a new house!
That is so awesome! I am excited to see what your baby will look like? Any names picked out yet?
So how far away is your new house from your parents?
congratulations! good to see a new post! Is this lot close to Katie and Taylor? It seems like a lot of young families are moving to Lehi, I bet it will be great.
Congradulations! It sounds so great to be moving into a REAL LIVE house of your OWN! How great would that be? I remember back to the days of Senioritis....I had it pretty bad too. When you know you have a job ahead it is hard to stay focused. Plus, how many millions of finals weeks have you already had to survive, too many by this point! Yuck. Good luck finishing up.
Hello you two! Sorry, I feel like I am eavesdropping, I read your post every so often! You both look fabulous! Congrats on the baby and house! so exciting. We live in Harvest Hills in Saratoga Springs so we pass that subdivision everyday! We'll have to get together often!!
Becky
You're back!! I'm so excited to hear the Degroots are alive and well. :-) That's so exciting that you guys secured a lot in Lehi!! That's thrilling. I'm glad Whit is doing better. :-) Being preggy is'nt always easy but it's more then worth it! As I've been training for my half-marathon in May I often think of you guys and say--they did it, so can I!! ;-)
Love, emalia
I am so excited for you guys! And I'm so excited to see that cute little baby! Exciting times for you!! Love you!!!!!!
Hmmm...I didn't even realize that you were still blogging until I noticed your link in a response to Erin on our family website. I'll be sure to check back often, now that I know. Billy, CONGRATULATIONS on your BYU graduation! Dad and I are so proud of you! Congrats, also, to both of you on the purchase of your new home AND on that sweet baby girl that will be born before you know it. We're so excited for this fun time in your lives! (We're especially excited that you'll be staying in the area!) Whitney, as always, you look fabulous!!
I WUB YOU GUYS!!!! and I'm psyched that you're buying a house that's close!!!! You guys are the best! EVER!!! :)
Love you both!
Ambs :)
Congrats you guys. I can't believe you get to have a house! Kyle and I won't have one for years... oh well. Congratulations on your graduation Billy!
Congrats!!! That is so exciting!! Love you guys!!!
How exciting! Congrats on graduating by the way, billy :) I bet you were on tv! We need to see you guys soon, let's have a bbq!
Hi everyone
my name is Tom and im completely new to this forum.
I hope that I'll learn and share a lot of interesting things.
Take care!
Post a Comment